Well, I got the proof copy back from Amazon even more quickly than they promised, and it really looks good. I got Bill to proof read it, and boy did he find lots of corrections that I needed to make. These were mainly formatting issues, such as extra spaces where there shouldn’t be, numbering of footnotes, etc. I’ve worked on them, as well have choosing a deeper color – “saddle brown” – for the cover and will be sending it back to Amazon soon.
This all sure does take a lot of time!
I’ve gotten word that it meets the “technical requirements” of CreateSpace. So I’ve ordered a copy to proof. Should be here in less than a week!
Here is the bound copy that I have had for over fifty years, given to me by my grandmother. As it turned out, there were seven more volumes that I was able to borrow from a cousin and transcribe.